Friday, January 20, 2017

2nd Quarter Reflection

Today is the last day of 2nd quarter.  I have learn many things and I have grown and improved academically.  The areas I think I did the best improvements in ELA are annotating, writing the main idea, and selecting a good paragraph. In Quarter 1 we learned a few things about annotating like how to annotate a poem or article, but this quarter we learned how to annotate non-fiction books, and we started out Invastigative Journal unit. This quarter we have done so much research, and it has helped me because I learned what information was relevant and I also learned how to paraphrase better. I think I improved a little in my blogs, and I should try to add more words that are captivating and not common to use.

I liked this quarter better because we learned about the things that were going around the world through our AOW's and Invastigative Journal Unit. I am currently reading a book called Auggie & Me by R.J Palacio, I am almost done with the book. I have read 6 books so far, it has taken me some time because the books I read are chapter books. Instead of doing a 10 book challenge I might do 15 book challenge because reading helps me visualize and sometimes I learn new words.

I struggled this quarter in a few areas like managing my time correctly, doing homework, and being early to school. On 3rd quarter I'm going to fix my mistakes by not doing them again. Since I am bad at managing my time, I will create an agenda and also write my homework down so I don't forget. I will also be coming to school at 7:55 or 8:00. To improve more on my blogs I will add more details, be clear, and use big words.

No comments:

Post a Comment